Above Ground Steel Safe Rooms
Steel safe rooms are the most ideal storm shelters because they provide the best protection for your family against severe storms. These steel safe rooms are built from high quality, refined steel and offer protection from heavy objects falling. Headquartered right in the middle
of what is considered America’s “tornado alley,”Preferred Shelters OKC knows exactly what’s at stake when a severe storm reigns terror upon your home and possessions. From above ground safe rooms to underground storm shelters, including garage storm shelters, concrete safe rooms, and steel safe rooms, we offer products and services that are taking storm safety and protection into the future. Whether you need a residential or commercial applications, Preferred Shelters OKC has you covered.
Every product we offer must pass the Texas Tech Impact Test and includes a with a 10-year warranty against leaks and corrosion. Choose from our formidable selection of above ground storm shelters OKC:
- Concrete Shelters, with protection for up to 16 people, sloped front, flat top and availability in stamped or stained variants.
- Above Ground Shelters, with five sizes available (4 ft″ x 4 ft″ to 8 ft″ x 8 ft″), exterior installation and interior installation.
- Above Ground Custom Concrete Safe Rooms, with interior and exterior designs and in-house masonry staff; these concrete storm shelters represent the pinnacle of storm protection in our day and age.
Among the many tornado safe room providers in the Oklahoma City area, Preferred Shelters stands out because of our insistence upon three core concepts:
- Storm Safety Testing – All of our above ground safe rooms have been tested at Texas Tech and have been leading the industry in reinforcement design. How? Because we build each shelter as if it were being constructed to protect our own families.
- Customization Abilities – Our in-house masonry staff allows us to design and build with a “sky’s the limit” attitude. All you have to do is provide the dimensions and we can create a FEMA-specified masonry room to fit. Everything we do starts with a complimentary estimate, and we’re always available to answer questions you may have.
- Professionalism – This goes far beyond the 10-year warranty…it’s about our owners being present and involved in each step of the installation process. This makes all the difference. The bottom line is that there is no job too big or too small for our professionally-oriented team…a team dedicated to building the very best above ground safe rooms.